No communication with s7 226 cpu

bogdan_cioric

Hello,

I have a genuine PPI cable (USB) serial number 6ES7 901-3DB30-0XA0 and i cannot communicate with a 226 cpu. I selected the cpu from list but no results. I choose "Read PLC" i receive the message "PLC time out".
I use a MicroWIN 3.2 version, USB port, PPI cable :mad:
Please tell me what's wrong.
thanks for your time.

bogdan

Go to 'Set the PG/PC Interface' and under Properties, then the Local Connection Tab make sure USB is selected and not COM1. Also make sure that the baud rate is set correctly.

You may have to upgrade your software.. download all the service packs. These are available for free downloads on the siemens website..

You can find them here

Good.. the same thing happened to me but it worked later after I updated the software.. So let me know..

i would definately recommend upgrading the software. if you have COM1 available why dont you just get the PPI cable that plugs into a com port, i believe the part number is 6ES7-901-3CB30-0XA0

hy cryogen,
first of all thanks for your advice. i saw the siemens web page and i think is not possible to update microwin for 3.1 version to 4.0 version. i will try to do this but i'm not sure this will be possible.
thanks for your time.
i will inform you.
plase tell me what upgrade you made (from x.x to y.y)
i'm waiting your answer.

The last upgrade I did was from 4.0.105 to 4.0.2 (service pack 2). But I have done all the other upgrades too from Microwin 3.2 You probably have to do this upgrade first:

STEP 7-Micro/WIN V3.2 Service Pack 1 Update (V3.2.x to V3.2.1.34)

What exact version do you have?

thanks for your link to siemens web page. iwill call to our siemens office tommorow (the time in romania is 18:30) and i will buy the new version 4.x.
thanks again and see you tommorow.

The USB PC/PPI cable is supported at least from Microwin V3.2 + SP4.
There is no free update from V3.1 to V3.2/V4.x.

You need a Microwin upgrade (about half price of full version).
6ES7 810-2CC03-0YX3