S7 315-DP and profibus

Oops...hit the wrong key.

Anyway, they should provide you with a .GSD file that you can load from your hardware config module. From there, you should then find the new device shown in your hardware catalog so that you can insert it onto your PROFIBUS network.

You'll need Danfoss documentation to figure out what are the block addresses to/from which you write/read in order to control the drive.

Bulls eye

Thanks

BEGGAR.I will try your solution ,I have downloaded the .GSD file for VLT 5000 danfos from there web site and will give it a try today.
Have a nice day
Manmeet

Last edited:
Connecting devices with profibus in Sematic manager

hi there
So the procedure to connect anything other then Siemens make with Profibus (Say for example Danfoss VLT 5000 Drive )is :-

1)Goto the required web site(In this case Danfoss web site)and install .GSD file for the same.

2)Open up you Sematic Manager and goto Hardware Configuration section.

3) Goto -> Options(On task Bar)->Install GSD file...

4)A window will open in that browse to the place where you have saved the .GSD file in your computer.

5)Setect ->"Select All" and then "Install"

You are done !!

Regards
Manmeet