Siemens 315 as Profibus DP slave

SheridanK

Hi,

Can you configure a Siemens CPU 315-2 PN/DP as a profibus slave?

Is there an advantage to doing this versus using a DP-DP coupler?

These questions relate to interfacing with an Emerson DeltaV DCS using a Profibus DP card on the Emerson side.

Thanks

If you use the 315-PN/DP as a ISlave, it cannot have any slaves.
So, if you don't need any DP slaves, the slave mode will give you the same results as a DP/DP coupler.
If the 315 has slaves on DP, then you need the coupler.

Thanks Mike,

The PLC has no DP slaves, the DP port will be used purely for comms to the DCS.
Is there any online resources detailing the use of the PLC e.g. addressing when writing data to the PLC?

Similar Topics

Hi I am struggling with getting the profibus slave status bits, that is, the presence or absence of the slave. Could someone please provide a link...
Replies
Views
Hi there! In my hardware configuration I have configured a number of ET200S stations and a CPU 315-2DP. The I/O numbering starts from byte 0 up...
Replies
Views
Hi all! I am doing communication in two S7-300 PLCs CPU 315-2PN/DP After connecting the Profibus connector to both CPUs, one CPU (Slave) is giving...
Replies
Views
I'll preface this by saying this is the first time I've worked on a Siemens system and I'm fairly unfamiliar with them. I might mess up some of...
Replies
Views
Hi We were having a few power cuts and the CPU would not work. I had to reset the memory and he CPU would read from the memory card and start...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom