Profibus Communication on CPUs 315 2PN/DP Siemens PLCs

Utco

Hi all!
I am doing communication in two S7-300 PLCs CPU 315-2PN/DP
After connecting the Profibus connector to both CPUs, one CPU (Slave) is giving the error by LED BF1 and LED SF.
I can download program from first CPU (Master) through profibus on second PLC (Slave).
I can see program by Monitoring 2nd PLC(Slave) through 1st PLC (Master).

How to troubleshoot this Profibus Fault?
Thanks in Advance!

Last edited:
Also I am adding servodrive 611U to 1st PLC and one MP277 HMI.
Can u tell me how to communicate all these from Profibus DP.

Utco said:
Hi all!
I am doing communication in two S7-300 PLCs CPU 315-2PN/DP
After connecting the Profibus connector to both CPUs, one CPU (Slave) is giving the error by LED BF1 and LED SF.
I can download program from first CPU (Master) through profibus on second PLC (Slave).
I can see program by Monitoring 2nd PLC(Slave) through 1st PLC (Master).

How to troubleshoot this Profibus Fault?
Thanks in Advance!

What is the profibus address of the two CPUs? Can you upload your project online?

Hi Rohan! Nice to see u online!
Actually the profibus addresses I am not able to match it for both PLCs during configuration.

Hi!

You should have different profibus addresses for both the CPU, it doesnt work if they are the same. Looks like you have them set at 3 and 4, so thats ok!

You can check the reason for the BF (Bus Fault) from simatic manager, goto PLC> DIagnostic> Hardware Diagnostics. Here you select the module with the fault and click on module information. You can see the diagnostic buffer for more info on the fault.

Have you configured the MPI / DP port for profibus? By default the port is set for MPI.

Yes! I configured MPI/DP port to Profibus.
That I confirmed.
Also in dignostic buffer not getting any useful data.
If u want the program online which file u will require?

Last edited:
in simatic manager, file menu, there is an option 'archive'. this will compress the whole project into a small zip file. You can upload the zip file here..

Program zip file

Find here the attached file of program in two zip files and combine both zip files.

Now there is no Error of Bus Fualt and SF by adding ob82. But I dont know which bytes to move from controller to controller. There are bytes configured in Master Slave i.e. Inputs and Output Bytes. Can I move my flags e.g. M and V in communication?
Can anybody tell me how to move M, V through profibus?

Utco said:
Now there is no Error of Bus Fualt and SF by adding ob82. But I dont know which bytes to move from controller to controller. There are bytes configured in Master Slave i.e. Inputs and Output Bytes. Can I move my flags e.g. M and V in communication?
Can anybody tell me how to move M, V through profibus?

Once the system is up and running its easy. If I remember right you had in the master, QB2 and IB2, and in the slave QB3 and IB3. In the master's program anything written to QB2 will "show up" at the slave as IB3. In the slave's program, anything written to QB3 will show up at the slave as IB2. If all you are doing is a couple of bytes you can just use MOVE commands to move the data into and out of the Profibus bytes. If you want to move three or more than 4 bytes at the same time you have use SFCs

For example, in the master's program, say you want to send MB10 to the slave. Put MB10 on the left side of the MOVE command and QB2 on the right side. In the slave's program this will show up as IB3. In the slave's program you can just use the individual bits, or move them to a memory byte like MB10 in the slave's program.

Master ------------------------ Slave
M10.0 - Q2.0 ------ Profibus -- I3.0--M10.0
m10.1 - Q2.1 ------------------I3.1 -M10.1
m10.2 - Q2.2 ------------------I3.2--M10.2
m10.3 - Q2.3 ------------------I3.3--M10.3
m10.4 - Q2.4 ------------------I3.4--M10.4
m10.5 - Q2.5 ------------------I3.5--M10.5
m10.6 - Q2.6 ------------------I3.6--M10.6
m10.7 - Q2.7 -------------------I3.7--M10.7
MOVE command -----------------MOVE command

I tried to put a picture in but can't seem to get that to work. Does that make sense?

Last edited:
Thanks Tim2!
I understand and also confimed the same.
Only the problem I got is in Online of Slave that it is very slow.
The status I am looking on Slave is very slow compared with Master PLC by monitoring the program.
Can any body tell me solution for the above problem?

I think I will require some more hardware for communication in ethernet communication. In profibus communication I am having the profibus connectors in my stock which is the only required hardware for profibus communication.