Problem communication Siemens SIPAR DR21 into Profibus

BE_MrPlc

Hello guys,
I have problems with the Porfibus communication to my regulator Siemens Sipart DR 21and my PLC rockwell 1756-L161.
So, for the communication between the 2 devices i have on the plc a card MVI56-PDPMV1 made by prosoft, and i have a card 6DR2803-8P made by Siemens on my regulator.
The concern is that once the communication is established, I don't know how to send information from my regulator to my PLC, nothing is specified in the documentation and no approach or software is recommended.
I am in a stalemate.
If anyone among you has already done a transfer of data via Porfibus to a regulator of this type I would be grateful for his help.

Thank you all and have a nice day.

Hello everyone, tank you for your answer sigmadelta, i have take a look at your file but I don’t understand everything, currently i have problems with the interpretation of the different variables coming from my Regulator DR21 with a Profibus connection.
This regulator is connect to a MVI-56 card (Rockwell profibus card) and I have all this variables but I can’t know which variable correspond to what.

I have like 15 SINT coming from the regulator, is anyone know if Siemens have do a documents explaining which variable is what ?

Variable SIPART DR21.png

I dont have anything useful to add, just comment that I am amazed that you can buy a Sipart DR21 new today.
I swear, I used this for more than 30 years ago.
Also, do people still use these hardware PID regulators in new projects that already have a PLC in it ? I sort of could understand it when used in a stand-alone application, but I dont get it if there is already a PLC and maybe an HMI.

Hello, thanks for your help Sigmadelta.
I think I understood what you suggested to me, I'will try that.
And yes the Sipart DR21 is a pretty old regulator, but the company requesting the installation had it in stock for 30 years, it is like new and she wants to use it in waiting of the migration of the regulating part to the automate in few years.

Also, do people still use these hardware PID regulators in new projects that already have a PLC in it ? I sort of could understand it when used in a stand-alone application, but I dont get it if there is already a PLC and maybe an HMI.
I take a call a week from someone who wants their PLC to talk Modbus and send a setpoint to a Honeywell single loop controller, typically doing temperature control.

Single loopers have a minimal integrated HMI, but it presents the needed info - temperature and the setpoint - and the means (pushbuttons) to change the setpoint. And one never needs a cable and the 'correct' version of development software to set one up (the reason people tell me they're still using them even though they know and use PLCs) because the single looper setup is internal through pushbuttons and the display. And most models have an autotune feature so you don't have to try to figure out tuning constants.

Somewhere I have a 1994 article predicting the death of the single loop controller within 10 years (replaced by a PLC). We're way past 2004 and I predict single loopers will still be around for another 20 years because the fill a market need that does not want to deal with the vagaries of development software.

Hello, it's me again ...
So, I tried to assign the variables of the regulator as stipulated in the document from Siemens sent earlier in this post, but I still have a problem.
Here is a view of the Sipart variables in the Prosoft software.
I have put a view of the variables table coming from RsLogix5000.

So, my trouble here is I still do not know what are the 24 remaining variables from my regulator.
I don't no if i was clear.
Thanks for you help

incompréhension variables.jpg Capture côté logiciel Prosoft.JPG Table des varaibles coté PC.JPG