Profibus Communication on CPUs 315 2PN/DP Siemens PLCs

An "PN" Ethernet CPU, which you have. Or a CP343-1 ethernet module.

And an ethernet port in your PC, which I will be very surprised if you do not have.

A crossed ethernet cable between the two. Sometimes a straight ethernet cable is OK.

Can I get more details of the ethernet cable e.g. connections.
My PC is having the port available.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category_5_cable

Only pins 1-2-3-6 are important.
Just find some ethenet cable somewhere and try it.
Your PC must have the same IP group as the PLC.
i.e.
PLC=192.168.0.20
PC=192.168.0.21

edit:
As you have two 315-2PN/DP's you may want to connect to both at the same time. In that case, do not connect directly from the PC to one of the CPUs. In stead, connect everything to a common ethernet switch.

And lastly, get in contact with someone who knows a little about ethernet !

Last edited:
I am more interested to profibus communication because
1. I have to communicate a neighbour system with cpu3152DP PLC (Hardware not in my scope and not allowd to change profibus DP),
2. An Omron PLC,
3. A Servo Drive Simodrive 611U,
4. HMI MP277

All are configured.
I want information on the Simodrive communication.
I am using the SimoComU software for Drive.
I have the profibus dp option card available on the drive.
Can you tell me how the signals to pass from simodrive 611 to my CPU 315 2 pn/dp ?

If you are using only two CPU's use ethernet crosslink cable but don't forgot to set the IP address for both CPU

Default IP address is 192.168.0.1
If you want go online with the CPU using ethernet then you have to use the Switch/hub

Hi Seppoalenen.
I dont understand what it mean?
Note: It is NOT support UDP as f.e. Lean CP.
Can you explain me?

Can anybody tell me the details of Control and status words in Simatic Manager for Simodrive?