SEND/RECEIVE Protocol

chfreris

Hi everybody :)

I discovered today this forum and I have a question about The SEND/RECEIVE Protocol Specification. I searched a lot in the documentaion of SIEMENS for an answer, but it seems that i didn't search at the rigth place.

I'd like to implement the SEND/RECEIVE Protocol (S5- Kompatible) with ISO-on-TCP (RFC1006) for the communication between my PC (WindowsXP) and the SPS (Simatic S7).

I found the open source of libnodave, but there is no documentation on how the data structures are built and what the semantik of each Byte means.

Can anyone give me some help?

Thanks

The library libnodave is based on the S7-protocol, not on SEND/RECEIVE.

You won't find any documentation about the S7-protocol because it's a secret of Siemens. Zottel (the author of libnodave) has implemented libnodave by analyzing the serial-line traffic between the PC and a serial/MPI-adapter (for the MPI-protocols) and by analyzing the network traffic (for the TCP-based proctocols).

For the communication between WinXP and a S7-PLC you can use libnodave as it is, or you can look for the documentation of the FETCH/WRITE protocol, which is based on SEND/RECEIVE.

I think that libnodave would be the better choice, and it comes with examples for many programming languages, including a delphi component.

Axel

ISO over TCP

The DeviceMaster RTS and DeviceMaster UP both include the capability of supporting ISO over TCP (RFC1006), in a serial to ethernet device. For additional details, please feel free to contact me directly.