Rs View Expressions

mjkoc518

I am currently in the process of learning how to write expressions
with View 32.......I am kidn of stumped right now with a problem that hopefully somebody could help with.......I am not having problems writing single expressions to a problem, however I cannot write two to the same animation. For example I want a bottle to be visible when a counters accum is at 1. I got this to work, now I want it to be invisible when a solenoid for a pusher = 1 to indicate the bottle has been pushed away. I can get both to work by themselves, however not together. I think I am missing the expression that seperates these two expressions within their process. Hopefully this makes sense...........

Thanks

Could you not set up a bit in the proceesor to do the same thing.

EQU C5:0.ACC 1 XIO B3:0/1 OTE B3:0/0

C5:0 is your bottle present counter.

Where B3:0/1 is your pusher solenoid and B3:0/0 is the bit you turn your animation on and off.

In this example everytime B3:0/0 is on, you turn the bottle animation to visible.

Mark Buskell said:
Could you not set up a bit in the proceesor to do the same thing.

EQU C5:0.ACC 1 XIO B3:0/1 OTE B3:0/0

C5:0 is your bottle present counter.

Where B3:0/1 is your pusher solenoid and B3:0/0 is the bit you turn your animation on and off.

In this example everytime B3:0/0 is on, you turn the bottle animation to visible.

Often in RSView 32 and RSView SE it is easier to do this sort of thing as an animation expression. For example, if a silo on load cells is considered empty when it has less than 10kg of product it, or if it is considered full when a high level probe is reached then including this in the fill animation is far faster and simpler than adding extra rungs in the PLC code.

For example you could simply write the following to do the following in about 30s if you already have the tags you need (fill animation 0-100%):

IF (SiloWeight < 10) AND (HighLevel == 0) THEN 0
ELSE IF (SiloWeight > 10) AND (HighLevel == 0) THEN SiloWeight
ELSE IF (HighLevel == 1) THEN 100

(note: I am on holiday so can't check the syntax is exactly correct, but I am pretty sure it is fine)

Last edited: