query

Dirty & Quick
Digital Inputs 24 VDC 120 VAC
Digital Outputs 24 VDC 120 VAC Relay
Analog Input 0-10 Volts 4-20 mA 12 bit, 16 bit
Analog Output 0-10 Volts 4-20 mA 12 bit, 16 bit

harshkashyap said:
please tell me name of various digital input, digital output,analog input and analog output used in automation industry
.give me detail of how to installed above items in the PLC.

harshkashyap said:

What PLC are you using? What cards are you using?
The manual will show wiring diagrams of how to connect any device you need.

harshkashyap said:

Purchase I/O card from manufacture. Find open slot in PLC rack. Insert card into open slot.

harshkashyap said:
please tell me name of various digital input, digital output,analog input and analog output used in automation industry

The ones that I see most often are Q01, Q02, Q03, I01, I02, I03, etc.

Periodically, I add a AI01 or AO01 for good measure.

Subject to change, depending on manufacturers availability, tax license and title not included, do not try this at home, batteries not included.

Now, after following tark and Rube's suggestions, and then getting all the other issues resolved, you may need some programming software.

Unless you are using an Entertron PLC (who has FREE software), then you may want to request some here. Surely, SOMEONE has a few extra copies lying around.

The most logical request would be for RSLogix, Contrologix, RSView, or some of the Siemens stuph.

If you are more adventursome, then asl for some GE Cimplicity or Proficy.

Now, do you need an idea for the class project. There are a few good ones in the archives, many hinge around themo-dynamics.

My first two plc projets were upgrading automatic beam welders on stationary robots, followed by a inplant door bell, alarm, and signalling system. Then came the fun stuph, a plc controlled coffee pot. An automated beer dispensor and cooler system would be pretty nifty, and there are a lot of experienced beer experts on line. Many have PhD's *.

Ggood luck with your class.....

* PhD use your imagination, maybe we should post a poll as to what it means.

II000II bottles of beer on the.....

Last edited: