ASCII Read in AB's SLC 5/03 through Nokia 30 GSM Modem

archana

In my system, I have one Nokia 30 GSM modem which is connected with SLC 5/03 on Channel 0 - User Mode.Another Nokia 30 GSM Modem is connected with PC. I can send message from PLC to any mobile. But now i want to read Message in PLC, which is sent by any mobile ( It may be data enable or may not).It will be possible through ASCII read Instructions. I think with ARL instruction. I tried but failed. So if any one had tried and got success or has any idea about this than kindly send me the codes or any suggessions. It is not necessary that it should be Nokia 30 GSM modem. It may be any data enable modem.

You can use the AT+CMGR=y <CR> command (where y=the memory location where the message is stored)

You will probably have to write some code to repeatedly scan or check the port for an incoming message.....

Hope this helps ;)

I did something like this to read a keyence vision system serial port through ch0 on a PLC5. It ended up being quite a bit of trial and error to establish and maintain communication. Once I got the channel settings figured out, I had to send a particular string to start the vision system communication, then read the string and parse and convert it to integers. I'll attach the example, but your application is surely much different.

It sounds like your channel configuration is all working. You just need the logic to go with it. You may need to use the ABL, ARL, AEX, and AIC instructions like I did ...