siemens plc

shan

Dear Sir,
We have siemens,Simatic S7-200 CPU 214 PLC with extention I/P module EM221 and O/P module EM222. In that PLC we have faced the problem frequently for loose contact between CPU module and extension module connection while slightly vibrate in control panel.

So, I request,any cable available for connect between CPU module and EM221 I/P module & connect between EM221 I/P module and EM222 O/P module.

If anybody knows please help me.

Thanks,

Regards,
S Shanmugam,
Supervisor-Electrical.

As far as I know, there is no connection cable available on the market, you have to stick to the bus connectors from Siemens. The only way to solve this problem is to ensure that the modules are firmly connected to each other.

If you mount these modules on a plate, it should be fairly easy because you have to screw every single module to the plate. Don't only fix the first and the last module and let those in between hang on!

If you're use a DIN-rail it's somewhat tricky. Most people forget to use endstops, because they think it's only necessary for rail mounted terminals. Do use them, even for a PLC!

Kind regards,

Jean Pierre Vandecandelaere
Instructor PLC - SCADA
VDAB Bruges
Belgium

AS stated above, make sure your end stops are securing your modules tightly together. That should protect the system from a small amount of vibration. Your 214 system would use a first generation I/O expansion cable. The part number is 6ES7-290-6BC50-0XA0.