Deleting Citect Tags

Open Citect Explorer and go to your project.

Then click on the folder Tags and open Variable

You can then see all your tags and delete which ones aren't being used...

Hope this helps

Cheers

JT

Remember to pack afterwards, or the tags will still be there, just not usable.
Another method that I use when adding or deleting a large number of Citect tags is to use Excel.
Make sure you set the Dbase setting to Dbase 3, and when you open the Excel file, select all and change the format to text. You can then add or delete masses of tags quite easily. Do not accidently save to Excel format or you have to start again.
Remember to pack again after you finish, then compile to look for errors.
It is also a good idea to backup your Citect project before you start deleting tags, you may find one or two are still being used.

Hope this helps,

Doug

In my version of Citect there is an included SAVEDBF file in the 'bin' directory where Citect is installed.

If you open your 'variables.dbf' file in excel and then open SaveDBF it is a macro that will allow you to save your variables file correctly after editting.

All you do when you've finished editting is right click on the excel sheet and choose Save/Close DBF and this will do the job (obviously you have to 'enable' macros in your security settings for this to work)

As Doug says, make sure you 'pack' your project afterwards from the Project Window (File - Pack).

And ALWAYS make a backup copy of your variables.dbf file before you start tinkering with it in case something goes wrong...

JT

Savedbf...

Does anyone have a copy of safedbf that will work with microsoft 2007..

I am trying work with my variable.dbf file, but I get when I try to save my changes wtih save.dbf I get:

"Opening the VBA project in this file requires a component that is not currently installed. This file will be opened without the VBA project. For more information, search Microsoft Office Online for "VBA converters." This issue occurs because Excel 2007 does not directly support the conversion of macros that are written by using Excel 5.0/95 VBA. The VBA Converter Pack is not included as part of the 2007 Microsoft Office suites."

Please help...