Big screen for workstations

Maia

Have anyone tried big screens for workstations? I haven't seen one in person but I know some plants are using such monitors. We are planning to use Siemens splitscreen option so it should be really big. :-D Is there any specfic brand you recommend?

Thanks for always helping.

The largest Sony monitor I know is about 42". We need a bigger one. Is there a 6'X 4'?

What specific brand is that 8' X 6' monitor you saw?

I would still prefer LCD monitor. We dcon't have enough space to position a beamer or a projector. Sony PFM-42X1S is good, I just need a larger one.

Maia said:
The largest Sony monitor I know is about 42". We need a bigger one. Is there a 6'X 4'?

What specific brand is that 8' X 6' monitor you saw?

He's refering to a projector. I recently sat in on a meeting where there was a lot of debate on a display of that size. They ended up spec-ing a projector because they couldnt find an LCD display.

The problem with projectors is that their contrast is terrible in high ambient light, they could cause a lot of eyestrain.

If you absolutely have to see a lot of information simultaneously try putting an array of 4 big (30-40 inch) screens running off a couple of dual-output graphics cards. Remember that it's easier to scan left to right than up and down, so you are better to use a setup that is much wider than tall.

Personally I think really huge screens are a bit so-so. Your ability to understand the infomation you see is still much like a search light; you can only keep so much in your mind at one time.