PLC Type EX40H1HMCDB5

We have PLC Type EX40H1HMCDB5 whose error LED becomes lit when we put it on RUN mode. We tried to see the error message using by EX-PDD Software but failed due to communication problem. We have RS-232C/RS-422 converter, RJ45 lead but don't have cable from converter (25 pin, female) to lap top(9 pin) which we build our self with the help of wiring diagram given in EX series PLC EX-PDD Software User's Manual. Doubt on cable connecting lap top to converter is there.
Kindly send us wiring diagram for the same for EX40H1HMCDB5 PLC or if there is any other problem you feeling pl tell us.

What is the exact part number for the Rs232/rs422 converter? On mine I used just a standard 25 to 9 pin adapter, available in most computer stores. Certain versions of EX-PDD software required hardware keys for online and other versions required hardware keys for offline. The D100 software for cutler hammer will work for the EX40 series as well, and do not need a hardware key. All of these software versions work much better on old DOS only machines but WINDOWS 98 and earlier running in DOS mode should work. Also, you may need a real built-in comm port on your computer and not an adapter from USB to RS232.