Recipes ML1500 LRP Series C

Hi,

I have never used recipes before so I am just wrapping my head around it.

The operator needs the ability to configure his/her machine and store the press settings. This will decrease his make ready time considerably. So I was planning on having a button on my touch screen (Panvel+ 1500) that would initate a "job save"(capturing all the current settings) then allow the operator to name the job.

Here's the situtation.

I need the ability to store up to 100 recipes.

Each recipe has a total of 72 words.

Currently I have used 7398 words (3286 data table).
I have 6490 words left. Not enough space considering I need 7200 words. Hmmmm.

There is the 1764 MM2 memory module(16k). In the instruction set manual it says I can load the recipes into the memory module.....Rockwell support says I can't....Hmmmm.

Has anyone done this kind of recipe managment with a MicroLogix. Does anyone have experience with there memory modules.

I am not all the certain about the Data Log Queue and what functionality I would lose if I used this other then not being able to to data logging.

Any help would be great!

Thomas

Thomas Franklin said:
Currently I have used 7398 words (3286 data table).
I have 6490 words left. Not enough space considering I need 7200 words. Hmmmm.
Thomas

First you can use the data log memory, which is defined as 80kbytes (note bytes, not words).

If you are using integers (N files) then I would assume that you would use (80 words/recipe) * 100 recipes * 2 bytes/word = 16kbytes.

I am working on an example that I'll post in a while.

Darren

The first snag I ran into that is not mentioned is that you can only have 32 words max in a recipe. So you would need 3 recipe files to manage your data.

Well, the emulator does not support this processor, so I can not test out the program. First to go the direction I was going you would need 3 different N files defined to load/store your recipe data. Your current values would be used directly out of these memory areas. After you get the process tuned (if this recipe data effects the way the process runs) you would want to store the data to the recipe file. This file will automatically configure itself to be the size of the data it is pointing to that is setup in Recipe 0 for a particular recipe file. When you do a store it will move the data it is pointing to into which ever recipe offset you declare in the RCP command. When you do a load it will read from the recipe file, the requested recipe number, and write to your N file that you pointed to in the recipe setup.

Start writing some code & I can help you with it. By the way you can use indirect addressing on the Recipe Number, but NOT on the Recipe File Number.

Darren