FactoryTalk HMI Question (Recipes)

Foxtrot2050

Good morning!
Let me start by saying, I am still learning about this type of HMI programming. I recently watched a video about recipes and how it was created. I got most of this to work but I am missing something. What I am trying to do is have them able to select a job # then when they do that I will have it auto populate a style number to the PLC for the Robot.

Currently I have a Tag in the PLC Style_Number.

If I am doing this correctly I don't want anymore ingredients because all I want to do it change the Style number.
The problem I am having is there is 200 jobs with different style numbers. (Job 1 = Style 1 etc.) As attached if I change TEST 1 value it also changes TEST 2 and TEST 3 it isn't all separated settings. The only way I got this to work for for up to 2 jobs is make the data set 2 but can you make more data sets or am I doing this in the wrong was. Hopefully this makes sense, if you need more information please ask.

Attachments

• PLC tag.png
    PLC tag.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 28
  • screen.png
    screen.png
    37.8 KB · Views: 29
Are you only changing the {[PLC]Style_Number} tag and have no other parameters for your recipe? And if that is the case may I suggest using a list selector instead of a recipe selector?

The main difference would be that recipes are meant more for large amounts of variables as opposed to just one tag. I’m sure that you can use a recipe select for your application but it would be more time consuming to set up.

If you look under objects find “control list selector” I believe that it’s under the advanced tab.

Then make your List selector, under properties set how many states that you want, then under states you can give each state a name and value. I.e. Style 1 value 1 Style 2 value 2 etc.

In the connections tab I normally set my value to a different tag (style list select or something of that nature), then under enter I would make another tag that’s a bool (style select enter etc)

Then in your plc XIC (the enter bool’s tag) ONS then a MOV (list selector tag) to {[PLC]Style_ Number}