FactoryTalk View ME - Visibility Based on HMI's IP Address

nievesdelimon

Hi,

I wanted to ask is there a way to have a visibility expression use the IP address of the HMI (Dynics, not PV) to show certain elements? The customer wants to use only one file for two HMIs on opposite sides of a line and there's only one layout which has the wrong orientation on one side.

I do not know about the IP address question. But I have done applications where there were multiple stations, they were almost all the same. The startup screen had the operator select which station they were at, then the proper screens were loaded for that application. Just an idea. First screen asks? Left or right side station?

Yep, Ken's idea is the correct one in my opinion - what happens if a tech changes the IP address on the station one day to something you don't anticipate?

You could even make it memory retentive and hide the ability to change it in a 'settings' tab somewhere.

I do not know about the IP address question. But I have done applications where there were multiple stations, they were almost all the same. The startup screen had the operator select which station they were at, then the proper screens were loaded for that application. Just an idea. First screen asks? Left or right side station?
Yep. That's exactly what I'm doing. Thanks!