watlow sd6c devicenet on slc 5/05

LTBarnette

has anyone ever used the Watlow controller on device net to turn on a heating or cooling bit in slc? What I wanted to do is use the watlow for pid and let it control the heating and cooling by turning on the bits in the SLC. I will use those to turn on the contactors. I want to do it this way, so the FIX screen I created can also turn the heaters on in manual or leave them in auto for control. If so what files in the M table do I reference for (output 1) heat and (output 2) that is for cooling. The reference manual shows m1-m3 as actual temp I scaled that to show what it was reading on the front panel. Using RsNetworks I can see all the values but don’t know how to reference them in the SLC. The manual does reference to modbus but that does me no good. I don’t even know if it can be done. I can’t find the MO table that I should use to send the set point to the watlow. If anyone has a reference for this or done it before it would be very helpful.

Last edited: