Watlow Firerod

JoeM1

Good Morning,
I am having failures of a Watlow Firerod.
I checked all the basics, (wiring, controls, etc).
Any ideas?

Thanks

I don't know exactly what you are using or what kind of failures you are having. Having said that , most of my problems with flamerods were caused by poor/intermittent ground path return. To remedy that, I added an additional ground wire between the physical burner and the controller/detector.

Basically what James asked.
Diameter and length of the heater?
Voltage and wattage?
PID or On/Off control?
Are there any obvious signs of failure on the heater?
What color is the heater sheath?
Dark spots or small holes in the sheath?
Guessing this is some sort of internal failure and not leads?

Application? Is the heater inserted into a metal block or liquid?

Last edited:
Is this a new installation, or a proven one that just started experiencing failures?

If so, what if anything has changed between no failures and when the failures started?

Plus what everybody else has asked. Need more details.