rs logix 500 quick question

hi guys,
i have written a program in rs logix 500 software.it was finding the number of times a lead on a circular shaft hit the metal sensor. my program is working fine and i am getting the number counts on a counter. i am using micrologix 1000 PLC.i am stuck with the point that 'how can i output the number of counts from the counter to LED monitor?(in other words how can i take out the integer value out of the program) 'plz help me. if it's unclear plz let me know i can explain in detail.

thanx in advnce,
arunjose

ezautomation.com has a line of inexpensive modules that have 1 or two line displays on them. They are relatively easy to set up and connect to the AB ML1000 through the com port.

I strongly suggest you look at the AutomationDirect.com new C-More as an alternate to the EZTouch. EXOR and many others also make inexpensive displays that can access the accumulated count register.

Tom, I was thinking of using the C-More terminal on an upcoming project. What do you think of them? I've used the AVG EZtouch terminals before and they were OK.

For Arunjose's applicaiton however I was thinking something more along the lines of a one or two line display unit rather than a full monitor: http://www.ezautomation.net/products/eztext.php

I've also used these things in the past: http://web2.automationdirect.com/adc/Shopping/Catalog/Operator_Interfaces/Optimate_Text_Panels/Optimate_400_Series/OP-413

With the ML1000, I have used the AD Optimate (OP-414 I think) for <$200 (unit/cable/ps/software). They look cheap, but I've had no problems with reliability.

do you already have a counter, or are you looking for one?

if looking, Red Lion makes cheap LEDs that will increment with a signal.

If you're looking to increment an LED you already have, then give us the name/model number of the LED.

to help you get the integer to fire an output when incremented, tell us what type of PLC you are using, although it would be easier to use the input to fire an output.....all of the above information is pertinent to be able to help.

hi guys,
thanks for ur response,i was actually looking for a software solution to get the number of counts(the integer value) out of the rs logix program.
Just reminding a couple of things
1.I am using Micrologix 1000 PLC.
2. using a counter in the program.
3.i need to monitor the number counts in a LED or some kind of monitor.

Alaric, I'm doing my first C-More project now. So far it looks great - I'll know the definitive answer after I'm done with start-up! One thing I like is the ability to eliminate the start and clear buttons on trends.

Better software and graphics (so far) with the C-More is only part of the motiviation for my switching. I've used a lot of EZ-Touch and they have worked well. However, I only started using them because of excellent experience with ADC support. Now that that isn't available I'm inclined to go with a product that has the known support from ACD. Recent indications are that AVG doesn't have the same consideration for customer needs that ADC has provided in the past.