PLC programing metods

Programing method.

• ??

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • ??

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Charlie

Does any one knows a method to write PLC programs, im know doing a proyect and im programing in the conventional mode, (as it comes) and its getting very dificult, if somebody knows something please contact me at [email protected]

I'm not sure what you mean by 'method to write PLC programs' or 'programming in the conventional mode'.

Are you asking for help on how to approach the task of using a PLC to automate a process? If so, writing the program is the final step. Before you're ready to start programming, you need to do a lot of preparation such as defining the sequence of steps in your operation, determining the devices that control the process (PLC outputs)and the sensors (inputs) that tell the PLC what is happening.

Are you having trouble understanding the programming language? If so, we need to know which brand and model of PLC you're using and substantially more detail about what you're trying to do and how you're trying to do it.

There are plenty of people here willing to offer their help, but the question you've posted is too vague to expect much of a response.

programing qeustion

Im a student, and im new at PLC programing. i have the keyence KV-40AT and the LADDER BUILDER software.

For my final project i have to control a machine that picks up a product from site A and place it in site B, whit 3 cylinders (its simple). I have all the inputs and outputs defined, but im having trouble whit the programing, i get confused whit all of the contacts and relays, and at the end the program doesn't do what i want. So im asking if there's steps to follow (or a method) to write the program. I hope that you could help me, youre hints and tips would be very helpful.

For youre attention, thanks.

Are you asking for help on how to approach the task of using a PLC to automate a process? If so, writing the program is the final step. Before you're ready to start programming, you need to do a lot of preparation such as defining the sequence of steps in your operation, determining the devices that control the process (PLC outputs)and the sensors (inputs) that tell the PLC what is happening.

Are you having trouble understanding the programming language? If so, we need to know which brand and model of PLC you're using and substantially more detail about what you're trying to do and how you're trying to do it.

There are plenty of people here willing to offer their help, but the question you've posted is too vague to expect much of a response.

I think Steve stated the most important point:

Before you're ready to start programming, you need to do a lot of preparation such as defining the sequence of steps in your operation, determining the devices that control the process (PLC outputs)and the sensors (inputs) that tell the PLC what is happening.

It is very important to map out what you want the program to do before you ever start. Write down as much detail as you can since all the details you write down will need to be addressed in the plc at some point. This will help keep you organized as you go. I think the reason you might be having trouble is you come up with a plan in your mind before you start. You start programming in an unfamiliar language. You need to concentrate on the programming details so deeply you lose track of your final goal. So start by making a VERY detailed document outlining the points Steve listed.

I also find it helpful to separate the steps in the process from the actions in the process. What I mean by that is I don't use any of the outputs directly in my sequence or step logic. This allows me to keep the process separated from the actions that make the process happen. So I can turn outputs on and off at any point and not effect the basic properties of my process. This is just another organizational method you can use to help keep you on track.

If you can, run and debug the software in steps. Write the program for the first step in the sequence and work on it until that step works as you expect. Then add the next step and do the same thing. That way you are only working on a small section of your total problem at any one time.

I hope this helps,
Keith