Programing Guard PLC 1600 with RS Logix 500

VisKataboman

Hello,

I have Guard PLC 1600 by Rockwell Automation (it has been obsolete by them but still in the market and works fine). I need know if this can be programed with RS Logix 500 ladder logix and if so, how would one go about it.

Thank you in advance.

If I recall, the RSLogix Guard Plus software required a separate USB activation dongle and Windows XP. It may not work on modern OS

RS Logix Guard Plus

I don't mind if its Win XP, I can use a stand alone machine with Win XP OS on it. Rockwell website is saying they stop doing this software!!!

I was reading about it that it is much simpler to use than ladder Logix with object oriented programing like LabVIEW.

I have recently obtained two of the Guard PLC 1600 units very cheap from a company that was liquidating, should have asked for the software aswell....doh, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I am wondering if I write to Rockwell and see if they could let me have the software and the hard-lock key.

any other suggestions please?

It might be a drag and drop boxes, doubt a LOT that its object oriented at all. Like most programmable safety relays its most likely just a drag and drop boxes of premade functions.

Knowing Rockwell the answer is probably NO, they want people to upgrade & spend money, that's probably why there is little backward compatibility or upgrades unless you pay a yearly sub, you find it difficult to even get help unless you pay for it.

I don't mind if its Win XP, I can use a stand alone machine with Win XP OS on it. Rockwell website is saying they stop doing this software!!!

I was reading about it that it is much simpler to use than ladder Logix with object oriented programing like LabVIEW.

I have recently obtained two of the Guard PLC 1600 units very cheap from a company that was liquidating, should have asked for the software aswell....doh, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I am wondering if I write to Rockwell and see if they could let me have the software and the hard-lock key.

any other suggestions please?

you can get the 440c-cr30 used on ebay for around 150-250. thats pretty darn cheap compared to new and CCW software is free.... you're better off just going that direction if you need a programmable safety controller for cheap.

That or look at Banner, their software is free also and i'm sure you can pick up their units for cheap too.