Please, Please Help, newbee project

Alan_AT

Functional description:
Sending materials back and forth between two stations 1 & 2.

When sending from station 1, SEND1 is pushed, BUSY turns on (and READY off) and stays on. Motor M1 energized to move into OPEN1 position (and stop when proximity switch OPEN1 activated) and motor M2 moves into CLOSE2 position (and stop when proximity switch CLOSE2 activated). TS1 activates after detecting material is inserted into station for sending. Then M1 moves into CLOSE1 position (and stop as CLOSE1 proximity switch activated). Then blower B2 turns on to pull material to station 2. B2 is turned off when TSS2 proximity switch is activated. When TS2 proximity switch is activated (material arrives at station 2), motor M2 moves into OPEN2 position (and stop at proximity switch OPEN2). When TS2 is deactivated (material removed..), READY turns on (and stays on) and BUSY is turned off...

Sending from station 2 to station 1 is similar in operation.

SEND1, SEND2 = pushbuttons
BUSY, READY = lights
B1, B2 = blowers
TSS1, TSS2 = proximity switches to turn off blowers
TS1, TS2 = proximity switches to detect presence of material
OPEN1, CLOSE1, OPEN2, CLOSE2 = proximity switches for Motors positions
M1, M2 = +24Vdc motors to open/close stations

Please help for newbee's project. Thanks.

Hi

I ask me

It is a duty (class homework) or a real process?

Do you know we are not to carry out your homework.

Check your question and you will find the answer.

stasis said:
all of the elements are present...what trouble are you having? Also, what type of plc are you using?
I need help on the ladder logic programming for this project...I'm thinking of using Omron ZEN with 12 inputs and 8 relay outputs. But the most important step that I got stuck with is the ladder logic programming because I'm very new to PLC...Please help. Thanks

You're in over your head: Contract a local controls guy to come in and do it for you and study his code to learn how it works. then you'll be better prepared for the next time.

I'm not trying to be cynical about it but you gotta pay your dues to learn this stuff.

Have to agree with jstolaruk, you may be trying to do something you're just not ready for.

I see you're in Spartanburg, I can recommend several integrators in the area, PM me, and I can give you a couple of names.

What programming have you done, any at all?

Have you tried the simulator on this site?
Post here YOUR effort and you will receive help in making it work.

You need to think with your self if you can do it by your self,no one of us can estimate your ability only you.

To do any project you need to know the controler you working with.Do you familiar with the Zen or other controler?
Start with choosing the controler choose somting popular like Omron AB AD.lot of pepole familiar with them.
Learn the progrming foundation of this controler.
Be sure you are on safe ground when you start.
this way will reduce your problem when you do the project.
If you never saw how PLC project has been done I would take jstolaruk idea,get someone with experience and suck what ever you can get.
What you will do in hours he might do in sec and better.
The practice is 80% of this field.
You can also use your rep help or ask for training.
If you have any particular question feel free to ask, but do not expect we will do all for you.