1756-L55/A to series B

curlyandshemp

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am on a job site where someone has mentioned that they need the CL L55 CPU we are commissioning flash upgraded from a Series A to series B. As far as I know, the series is hardware dependant and cannot be field upgraded.

Has anyone heard of such a thing ? Checking the Rockwall Firmware updates, only firmware specific updates are available. Nothing to change from a series A to B.

I never commit to saying "No it cannot be done" in the event there is some obscure procedure I am not aware of. Its the weekend, and I cannot use our TechConnect support as we only have Mon-Fri support.

Ian Phillips

I don't think 1756-L55 ser B exisits at all.

Your customer probably asling for 1756-L61 (or 62 or 63) ser B that has differen battery handling. You are correct - ser B is different hardware.

They probably got confused because front panel on L61 shows Logix5561.

I any case in all new projects you should use L6x ser B only - faster and cheaper than L55s