Learning STL

rocket1010

Just started playing with SIEMENS S7-300 contoller, notice that a lot of OEM apps are using STL language with not all can be viewed as ladder. I have absolutely no experience with this language, anyone no of any good tutorials or anything to help learn this language?

Thanks

I purchased Hans Berger's book on STL - I'm less than impressed, so far. It appears exhaustive but is a bit daunting for one just starting out with STL (as I am also)

I purchased Hans Berger's book on STL - I'm less than impressed, so far. It appears exhaustive but is a bit daunting for one just starting out with STL (as I am also)
As you say, it's a bit daunting for somebody just starting out in STL, but hang in there, as you get more comfortable with STL you'll find there's hardly a question that isn't covered by Berger. It's a really good work of reference that still manages to include important practical information. Good example, the use of the address registers AR1 and AR2 with indirect addressing and the limitations / potential conflicts with this.