What are the benefits of a PCMK card?

Can you get one for 600 USD ?
Buy it !

The list price over here is equivalent to approx 1600 USD.
In addition to DH+ it also works with DH485. So it also replaces a PIC/UIC.

Big advantage

If you have a DH+ network, you can access any node on the network from one location. I have one 504 that is in a Class I, Div I. area, inside a Nema 7 enclosure, (one of those really thick ones with a zillion bolts), by going on line from another node, I don't have to worry about the explosive atmosphere, or all those bolts.

Plus DH+ is faster than serial.

However, on the negative side, you can download the wrong program to the wrong processor, or make changes on the wrong node.

Another general advantage is being able to hook in online to two seperate processors at the same time. Recently had to do this with two machines, different SLC 500 setups to adjust programming, timing, etc in two different programs. May be a better way, but this worked out pretty well.
S