RSLogix5000 version selection

hanziou

I have look at the Allen-Bradley Site and found a matrix that compares the different versions of the RSLogix5k.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/sg/1769-sg001_-en-p.pdf#xml=http://127.0.0.1/texis/search/pdfhi.txt?query=1769-SG001E&pr=literature.rockwellautomation.com&prox=page&rorder=500&rprox=750&rdfreq=0&rwfreq=0&rlead=250&sufs=1&order=r&cq=&id=43a5b978a
(p.39 = 41st page of the pdf)

I am looking to use CompactLogix controllers so for now I was thinking that I could use either to Mini Edition or the Lite Edition.

I will be converting an Automation Direct application to Allen Bradley. (Customer's desire)

Is ther anything in the Lite or standard that I would need that isn't in the Mini. How useful are the Function Block Editor, Sequential function chart editor, and structured text editor to someone who works in ladder logic.

I am just looking at analog inputs (TC and 0-10V) and 120VAC inputs and outputs. Nothing needs to be updated more often than every second or so. I will want to run a few PID loops.

No there is a PID instruction in ladder, But I was just saying I prefer the PIDE block in FBD. You can have the PIDE autotune your loop if you have the right package.

You can use the ladder based PID loops without FBD, but the enhanced PID (PIDE) provides some additional features like auto-tuning and much more complex configuration (handy for cascade loops). If you are trying to compare it with the PID in Automation Direct I would expect it to be similar for the ladder based PID that does not require FBD.

Darren