MicroLogix 1100 and cell phones question

piscis

A new project will call for using the new MicroLogix 1100. I had been asked if I could possibly connect a serial Cellular Modem to this PLC and send Alarms as text messages to several cell phones right from inside the ladder logic.

Has anyone done this that could share some lights?

Thanks

Check out Mrplc.com
There was a blurb on calling a cell phone Or was it pager from a micrologix..Once you have the basics then it shgould be fairly easy to adapt it for what you want...

I'm not sure that is what you originally asked for??

and send Alarms as text messages to several cell phones

Have done this several times using the SLC and Micrologix controllers (if you search i have posted some code on here to send to multiple cell/mobile phones)

Hope this helps.....:)