A&B USB to 485 converter

DGeller

I purchased a number of Allen Bradley's new USB to 485 converter modules (1747UIC) a year ago but didn't get around to using them until this semester. They worked fine on the SLC500 systems we use but when I tried to down load to a Panel View terminal the system locked up. I figured I must have something set wrong and screwed around for several days before calling our tech support line. He had me try uploading from the Panel view terminal and that worked fine but I could not download the very file I just uploaded. We finally called A&B direct and were told to check the firmware number on the USB modules. Seems Rev 1.1 sucks and this in a known problem. Word to the wise, in case your having a similar problem.

Similar Topics

I am in trouble right now I have a Allen Bradley PLC SLC 05/03 cpu which i need to connect to find out the cause of RED light flashing but I do...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a SLC 5/02 that's been gathering dust for the past couple years that I want to have some fun with. The only problem is I don't...
Replies
Views
Please suggest any RS-485 (4-wire) to USB converter that supports GE-SNP protocol with multidrop. Regards, Ranjit.
Replies
Views
I'm trying to connect to a SLC/3 with the this adapter. When I configure the driver in rslinx and go back to rswho the 1747-UIC (adapter) does not...
Replies
Views
Need help. Novice just learning this stuff. I need to communicate with a device via RS485. All our laptops run Vista and have no serial port. I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom