Horse with no name and PLC with no name

Alfred

I have a PLC which to my knowledge is traded under at least 5 different names, it's about 10 year plus on the market and I have still 3 in stock and locking for some purpose to use them. Originaly I bought them in bulk to get a good price and allways have some in stock just in case one fails. Up to now only one had a memory problem and needed replacement. Thats how I got stuck with the rest. Now I a using them for my own projects in place where timeclocks and relays normaly will do. This plc's came with a DOS and later a Windows 3.1 program which I still have of course but trough some fault I lost the on-line help file. Now because I have no devenitive name and model for this plc I would like to ad to this post a picture for you to be able to identify it and may have this help file and also a younger version of this program. For now just see and hope if anybody recognises them.

Regards
Alf

The zip is realy a jpg file. Just change the extension

I know it may seem obvious but if you ring NHP in Melboure their tech support is normally very helpfull. You may find that they will even email you the software for free. I have recieved help from them before and they tended to be quite helpful.

I did contact NHP. The guy only heard about this PLC. The have been replaced in there line-up with a Mitsubishi, very much the same config and price. He was helpfull but not.

Alfred, when I try to open the zip file I get a corrupt file message. Is anyone else experiencing this? It is just that I MAY be able to help.

Bob

Alfred said:
The zip is realy a jpg file. Just change the extension
I've had no problems opening the jpg. (No idea about the PLC, but hey, you can't have everything!)

Ken

Alfred,
Did you try NHP Melbourne, I got a similar responce from the guys in Sydney. But Melbourne were able to help me with a PLC older than yours. Mine was a rebadged Hitachi it may be that yours is a later Hitachi Rebadged as well.
I think they also rebadged some Sprecher gear as well.

The Sprechur 384? PLC was a rebadged Hitachi with different firmware and software.

I do not recognise that little beastie though.

Cannot read either - did not change the file extension. Thanks Ken.

BobB said:
Alfred, when I try to open the zip file I get a corrupt file message. Is anyone else experiencing this? It is just that I MAY be able to help.

Did you change the file extension zip to jpg??
We cant upload jpg files and it is simpler to change anything to zip and change it after. bmp would work but to complicated.

Regards
Alf

Alfred said:
We cant upload jpg files
You can, but are limited to 550 x 750 pixels. Here is the picture, resized to fit.

PLC.jpg

Sorry I can't help answer the actual question... :(

🍻

-Eric

I contactet NHP Melbourne, yes they are helpfull, but the info I am looking for is not at hand. The software version I have is the latest one and the PLC is not on the market anymore.

Eric, could you please explain how jpg can be uploaded, under the title "valid extension" jpg is not included.

Thank you and regards

Alf

Alfred said:
Eric, could you please explain how jpg can be uploaded, under the title "valid extension" jpg is not included.

Look just under that and you'll see 'Display Pictures'. Click that button.

Enjoy,

The problem with using an obsolete PLC on a newer project is what will you do if/when the PLC fails?? It's probably best to use them for paperweights, and use a current model for new applications. Something like the DL05 cost ~$100.00 USD with the same I/O.