PLC/HMI Automation

nexus

I am looking to build a machine. I would like for it to be controlled by a PLC and use SCADA/HMI. I have 2 solenoid valves, variable frequency drive, temp., ultrasonic flow meter, readout, diferential pressure transducers. How can i fully automate this. what components are necessary.

Thanks

nexus said:
How can i fully automate this. what components are necessary.

I'm guessing this is your first automation project. You may be in way over your head on this. I suggest you get in touch with a local control builder or a system integrator. By working with them on your first project you can pick up enough basics to take the plunge and do it on your own next time around.

Much of what you need is dependent on the devices you select.
Solenoid Valves: You need to know the voltage (24V/120V) and current consumption for sizing you power supply.
VFD: There are many ways to implement this, to keep it simple use discrete control, you will need to know if the inputs are PNP or NPN.
Temp: Is it an RTD or 4-20ma signal?
UFM: What output does it generate? 4-20ma?
PT: Are these 4-20ma or 0-10VDC?
You should spec 24Vdc sensors if possible.
Generate a list of signals as I mentioned above.
Sounds like you could use a AB SLC with a PV Plus depending on what your budget is. If you would like to give me the list of signals I could point you to which PLC hardware you need. Looking at the hardware list it appears to be very simple, given you have programming experience.