vHMI Automation PLC Driver for GE-FANUC

Foghorn22

Has anyone here used this PLC driver??

I purchased one, but can't get it to read data. It WILL attach successfully, but won't return data (all 0's). Their documentation gives new meaning to the term "LEAN", their site has no phone number, and they won't answer my e-mail (not exactly a good sign, is it?)

Touble is, the features look good, and the price is great... if only it would work! I am using it in VB6, trying to talk TCP-IP to a 90/70 742 Ethernet card.

Would appreciate a suggestion or 2

Thanks. JLO

Are you able to connect the same computer to the same PLC over the same cable when running VersaPro or CME? Doing so would confirm that the CMM742 module is configured properly. It would also give you more ammunition when you finally manage to contact the vendor.

Yes, PC --> PLC connection is good

Steve -- very good point.

Answer is YES... that was the first thing I verified. Not with CME, but with the older LM90 software running on the same PC over the same Ehternet link. It works well over this link, so I am satisfied that the IP addresses, etc are correct.

And, as I say, I can definitely attach to the PLC. I tried unplugging the Ethernet connection and got the expected error messages from the driver.

I'm trying to figure out if there are some other setup or configuration issues I am not aware of.

JLO

A second question is when is the driver looking for data, "on change", "polled", "on scan" ect. If you can set to "on scan" the ethernet trafic light should lock on solid. Any light activity would indicate the system being interigated, and then all "0" would indicate bad data or bad format of data not lack of data.

I don't know if this will be helpful or not. Somebody using the handle RDWillett recently posted a thread on the GE Fanuc bulletin board requesting information about GE's ethernet protocol SRTP.

Here's a link to the forum.

Maybe if you look over what Dave Heitanen has to offer for a 'roll your own' solution, you might get some insight into the sorts of issues facing the vHMI programmer and some clues about how the CMM742 needs to be configured. It's a long shot, I know, but it might give you something to work on while you're waiting for vHMI to respond.

JLO,

I just came across this message. I did not receive your emails for help on the GE driver. I was out of the country for a year and the ISP that I was using wasn't very reliable so maybe that is why I didn't get your emails. You can email me at [email protected] or use the email addresses on my webpage. I know that this response is late so I hope that you were successful in getting the driver to connect to your PLC.

Regards,

Phil Covington
vHMI Automation, Inc.
http://www.vhmiautomation.com