Modicon

rdkimmel

I am programming my first Modicon using ProWORX 32, from what I heard it's alot different than AB and others, is there any good documentation available (i.e. I/O Mapping, etc.)?

rdkimmel said:
I am programming my first Modicon using ProWORX 32, from what I heard it's alot different than AB and others, is there any good documentation available (i.e. I/O Mapping, etc.)?

You'll recognize similarities. The traffic cop (I/O mapping) is something you'll have to get familiar with for initially setting up, and a few other utilities.

A few things that are different:

• latches are held differently for power-down
  • no subroutines or program files; logic is done in networks that are a fixed number of columns (11) wide and (7) rows long so you'll have to break up any big rungs
  • PLC scan of a network is by column top-down
  • You'll want to use Excel or something similar to layout your internal memory addresses to keep track of them
  • Most important, make sure you have the absolutely latest version of Proworx. The first release was unusable, the second release was usable but lots of little annoying bugs, the latest version (I have v2.0) fixed the annoying bugs and made it a real product.
Lots of help here at this forum if you have any questions.