S5 95U Counter HELP

im_ali

Hello guys, i got stuck again!
Well I have got a hardware of S5 95U, and on its CPU there is a connector (DB 9 Female DC 24V) and it is written on it, COUNTER 5kHz/2kHz. i.e it can be used for high speed counters. can some buddy plz help me to find its function OR its internal structure or pin configuration (of DB 9 Female connector for COUNTER).

thx for any help ,
Ali

Yep you can, I can't find my little s5 book now but you have to set some parameters in DB1 (I think), you will need to suck it out of the plc first unless you already have a copy on disk.

If I can find my little book I will post the details but i'm sure somebody on here will beat me to it.

also try looking on the siemens website for info on 95U, it should contain info on the analogs on that connector to.

thnx guys for the replies but still I m unable to find its function OR its internal structure or pin configuration (of DB 9 Female connector for COUNTER). any further help would b appreciated.

sylent, thank u very very much for your assistance. Finally I got the info I wanted . I was in great trouble b/c I had to complete a task in which I had to use the onBoard Counter .Thanx again buddy .