USEZI22651@@ST.S5D "Please Help!!"

praneet

Dear Members,

I have purchased a CNC machine with the Siemens S8 System, however in transit all data was erazed; the only backup was in an 8.25" floppy that is also damaged.

I am completely lost but know the name of the file "USEZI22651@@ST.S5D" I do not know where to even start. All I know is that I cannot run the machine without the PLC program.

I am completly ignorant and would apreciate any help.

Thanks,

Praneet Khanna

praneet said:
I have purchased a CNC machine with the Siemens S8 System, however in transit all data was erazed; the only backup was in an 8.25" floppy that is also damaged.

To put it bluntly......

You're stuffed matey!!!

You will have to rewrite the program, does S8 stand for SINUMERIK 8? But as seppo states ST.S5D indicates a Step 5 file

Paul

The 8" floppy (i think you mean 5")probably means it's a cpm file, all siemens was once on cpm so dos will not read it, however the dos version came with some conversion utils to copy the file onto a dos disk or hard disk this was with version 3.2, but again unless you have a machine with a 5" floppy you are stuffed.

But not all is lost I bet someone here has an old pg750 with 5" drives & the conversion software, there are 2 conversions s5konv that converts the very old (pg675)to the later version then a converter to dos (all it does is copy the files onto the dos system as the 3.2 is actually a CPM running in a dos shell.

I could probably help with the files for the copy I think I may still have them but you would need the other if 675 format & of course the drive?

Ahh I thought he meant the plc file? this would have been done on a pg that had a 5" disk, the 8" would be for some programming of the cnc not the plc code.

More I think about it I'm not sure either. I know some of the 8" disk would hold the operating parameters of the controller but most just held G Code programs. Never seen one hold the core machine code.

But I am thinking about the reader that would be on the machine. Might just be a disk that was laying in the bottom of the cabinet

parky,

Step5 have "PIP command or something like that" conversion property for CPM- to DOS-file, even version 7.23 my S5 computer is not open so I'm not sure.

Br. Seppo

The correct name of the of the file is [email protected]. Would Siemens the controls supplier or Scharman the machine tool supplier possibly have the PLC program?

Please advise.

Thanks once again for all your reponses.

Sincerely,

Praneet Khanna