Intouch 8 and SLC 503

Lost_Man

Hello
I am wondering if there is a driver or another program other than Rslinx to read data from SLC503 to Intouch 8.
Alot of threads here suggest buying RSlinx OEM or professional, but I dont have the resources for that. I am learning on my own and trying to get into SCADA. The price range for RSlinx is beyond on what I can afford.
So please if you know of a solution that wont cost much (less than $100) let me know know
Thanks

If the serial port is free, you can use the free Wondeware Serial/DF1 driver. If you want the DH485, you will need a 3rd party IO server.

Lost Man,

I have seen "used" copies of RSLinx on E-Bay for less than $100. Right now (3/25/06) there is a used copy of RSLogix 500 with master key disk and RSLinx Professional for $265.

Last edited:
I have downloaded and installed Matrikon opc for Allen Bradley, when I tried to run it, it gave me an error about program ID.
"Could not find ProgID 'PSTCFGMatrikon.OPC.AllenBradley'!
When I installed I just kept the dafault ID "Matrikon.OPC.AllenBradley" I also tried "Matrikon.OPC.AllenBradley.1"