any one familiar with FactoryPMI?

FactoryPMI

I responded to another post regarding FactorySQL and I have the same answer. I've used FactorySQL and FactoryPMI in pairs in many installations, definitely more than fifty. The thing to remember is that for an HMI application you need both.

I use them because they are both IT products and IT departments don't object to them, in fact, they actively support me in installing them on their networks. But the architecture is a different paradigm that traditional HMIs. So it takes a little getting used to but once you do you'll never go back. Are they reliable? I'd say far more so than traditional HMIs. Why? Because there is nothing to setup on clients. Everything is on the server. So if a client crashes there is nothing to setup or install. Just pull it up on another PC or a laptop or something.

Really though, you should decide for yourself since you can download the software free from Inductive Automation's website.

Yes, but you'll have to ask a specific question. I'd be happy to answer whatever I can.

Check out the FactoryPMI online demo at their web site to get an idea of what the software does.

Other forum members here use FactoryPMI. Hopefully they'll respond with their experience.

briana banks said:
Hi

Does anyone have experience with FactoryPMI from "Inductive Automation" ?

HEY, ummmm....... Surferb.....

Did you notice the date of the OP?

I'm picturing briana banks sitting at the computer, waiting since March of '06, nothing left but a skeleton and spider webs, and being ever so relieved that you finally answered, a year and a half LATER, with "ask more specific questions".

: )

Lol - oops :oops:. That's what I get for responding off of a search and not paying attention...maybe she'll come out of the woodworks with a sigh of relief - or say that the project was finished last year!

Stationmaster said:

I'm picturing briana banks sitting at the computer, waiting since March of '06, nothing left but a skeleton and spider webs, and being ever so relieved that you finally answered, a year and a half LATER, with "ask more specific questions".

Stationmaster said:

That's not how I picture briana banks ;)

You are such a guy! Am I correct in assuming that you've never met her, nor seen a picture of her?

I could come up with lots of pictures from the 'net that are how you're probably picturing her :whistle:...but I'll refrain. This thread's already out of control!

allscott said:
That's not how I picture briana banks ;)

surferb said:
This thread's already out of control!

You are the one who exhumed it from its peaceful resting place after a year and a half. And YOU are complaining????? It wasn't out of control 'til YOU poked it with a stick.

(gotta have SOME fun)

lol - truce! I'll let her sleep if you do.

Stationmaster said:
You are the one who exhumed it from its peaceful resting place after a year and a half. And YOU are complaining????? It wasn't out of control 'til YOU poked it with a stick.

(gotta have SOME fun)