TP 170A password

crln

hi. I got a machine with a TP 170A. only thing I know is how the machine does its work. I didn't start the proyect. It is an old machine. I have problems with some people that change some parameters in the TP. The TP has a password that was useful at the begining but by the time these people I have talked about know already the password and can manipulate some important parameters in the TP. Any of you have an idea how to change the password?

tchau

Hi crln,

I assume the original programmer did not insert a "password settings" button when building the TP software. It's highly recommended to start any new TP project with standard screens available; later on you erase the ones you really don't need.

Did you check ALL screens? If so, then there's nothing left but altering the TP software (using ProTool) and entering a "password settings" screen (where you can alter passwords and/or levels) yourself.

Thanks Sparkz
You are right there is no "password settings" button in any window. so can I try what you mentioned?:

"altering the TP software (using ProTool) and entering a "password settings" screen (where you can alter passwords and/or levels) yourself."

if so, any help, precautions, and or information that could make the procedure safer and save me from losing the programs or valuable data would be appreciated.

any other suggestion? bye

crln said:
if so, any help, precautions, and or information that could make the procedure safer and save me from losing the programs or valuable data would be appreciated.

I am not sure about the TP170A, but on the TP270, unless the 'enable upload' check box is selected on the original settings, then the TP program cannot be uploaded and editted.

That might be something to watch out for.

Paul

Oops!

Hey crln,

Now that PLucas mentioned it: I checked the ProTool help file and it turns out that uploading from a TP170A is simply not possible! There's no further explanation why it's not possible, the help file only states: "Projects cannot be uploaded in the case of the TP 170A.".

In this case the only thing left to do is to contact the manufacturer and try to get a hold on the original ProTool project files. I was pretty sure uploading was no problem at all, sorry if I've mislead you in any way.

No problem Sparkz. Thank you
I will try to contact the manufacturer. if I find anything useful I will let you know. bye