AB 1797 Intrinsically Safe Output

kamenges

Has anyone used an AB 1797-OB4D to drive anything other than an LED indicator? Looking at the entity parameters it doesn't look like it can do much. But there is also a voltage-current graph that makes it look like you can get some usable current out of it at about 20 volts. I want to drive an intrinsically safe valve with this but it looks like I can't deliver voltages greater than 9.5 Vdc.

Does anyone know if this module will drive a solenoid valve and, if so, whose?

Thanks,
Keith

Similar Topics

Hi forum users. Long time lurker and first time poster here. I am struggling with an issue with the Allen Bradley 1797-IRT8 Series A Card at the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I have an issue regarding the integration of a 1797-IBN16 Flex IO module on a network with a 1769-L33ER CPU they will communicate thru...
Replies
Views
I have a   1797-ACNR15 that is flashing green on the status light. I looked at it in RSNetworx for Controlnet and is shows OK. This system has...
Replies
Views
Hey all. I've got a specific installation using AB's Flex EX intrinsically safe I/O that I cannot get working. The setup is as follows: Original...
Replies
Views
It is my understanding that an LED is considered a simple device, making its use fairly simple in an IS application. However I am running into a...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom