Panel View 550 - Download Problem

brianmack

Gents...I am trying to download to a PV 550 for the first time through DH485 and am unsucessful. I remembered about two years ago using the PIC driver and some config from AB that could get this to work but cannot at this point. Any advice on the 485? Can you donwload through another protocol? Please advise.

brianmack said:
2711-B5A3 Thanks. FRN-3.40

I think this PV comes with a rs232 serial port for printer and a DH-485 port (looks like flat RJ45 port). For comm and programming i think must use 1747-PIC.

ckchew666 said:
I think this PV comes with a rs232 serial port for printer and a DH-485 port (looks like flat RJ45 port). For comm and programming i think must use 1747-PIC.

You can also try to disable printer port and use a 2711-NC13 cable to go online with the PV.

I'm pretty sure you can't use the cable. I think the Rs-232 port on that unit is strictly for printing. You must use the 1747-PIC or 1747-UIC. The later is a USB version of the PIC module. Also, the PIC module will not work with a USB to serial adapter

I'm pretty sure you can use the PIC driver with a straight-thru 9-pin cable and a null modem. You'll probably have to delete the AB-DF1 driver, disable links as a service, and possibly reboot the computer.

But the problem is, the 2711-B5A3 cannnot perform upload/download over the serial port. On this particular model, the serial port is for printing only. He needs to use either a PIC with the PIC driver and a real serial port, or the UIC, with his DF1 driver configured according to the UIC user manual.

It works with XP. You must have a real serial port, all other serial drivers such as DF1 disabled and start RsLinx as an application instead of a service.

Or the easier method. Throw the 1747-PIC in the lake (can't seem to get water off of my mind with this weather) and go get you a 1747-UIC