Multiple PV1000 to one Control Logix

Regent

I need to know if I can connect multiple Panelview 1000's to one control logix plc. I am using ethernet to communicate. I also would like to know if I have to use different tags for each panelview or can I copy the same program from PV to another.

You can connect to multiple PV's, yes, and you can use the same program for each.

WARNING: If these are the older Panelviews (not the Plus version), you will most likely have odd behavior if you use maintained or toggle pushbuttons. The best way around that, is to use only momentary PB's on the Panelviews, do the latch/toggle logic in the PLC, and have a seperate state indicator go back to the PV's.

I Agree, use only momentary PB's on the panelviews (toggles or maintained will severely cripple update times on the other panelviews, as a recent experience proved). This included panelview plus's. We had an AB rep come out to look at our problem and he said it was mainly because of the fact that we had so many panelviews running the same program (28 PV1000 +).
Another word of warning (and this came from the AB rep), make sure you order all of your PV's at the same time, because if there are any version differences you will have a major headache (once again, a recent experience):mad:.

Mart B

Besides the good advice if you are using regular PV's don't connect more than 3 to one processor. If you do the panelviews will suffer from timeout as (i recall) the processor can only have 3 connections at any one time spitting out information over the backplane to the ethernet card.