A/D and D/A converter with PLC

Albeel

Dear all
Can anyone tell me about A/D converter and D/A converter within PLC?
PLEASE REPLY
with my best regards

A/D converters are used on analog inputs to convert a real-world analog signal into a digital word.

D/A converters are used on analog outputs to convert a digital value into a real-world analog signal.

rdrast said:
A/D converters are used on analog inputs to convert a real-world analog signal into a digital word.

D/A converters are used on analog outputs to convert a digital value into a real-world analog signal.

Thank you very much for your reply
are all of PLC included A/D and D/A converters?

Yes his statement is true of all PLCs but the A/D and D/A process is not carried out inside of the PLC or in a program in a PLC processor. Most PLCs have a module that is in the I/O rack that takes this burden off of the processor. The processor just passes a decimal word back and forth between the modules, depending on the direction of flow. PLC programs would become very cumbersome if you try and code the conversion process in the language of the processor. Now, that is true of all the ones I am familiar with, that does not include the odd one that will do nearly everything and anything!

Can I use a Modicon Micro to convert . . .

Hi,
Can a PLC be used to convert analog video to digital video? Is that what Albeel was asking? Being a newbie to the PLC world, I'm asking if I can program this Modicon Micro A120 to convert analog video signal into digital video signal?
Any help would be appreciated!
roxley

A PLC can operate on an analog signal which changes in value many times a second up to about 100 times per second. But a television signal is changing millions of times a second. You'll need a different technology.

thank you all

can anyone explain to us ?

How we can implement a fuzzy logic controller to control the speed of induction motor using PLC which includes A/D and D/A Converter?

with my best regards.