Omron/siemens

aleb2

I should read data from 14 OMRON E5CN termoregulators with a SIEMENS MP270;
I think one way could be through a PLC with 2 serial interfaces, one for MP270 and one for termoregulators' net (rs485) but i don't know which is the protocol to used for comunicate with these termoregulators

Can anybody help me please

Thank you

Hi aleb2.

You can select the OMRON Hostlink/Multilink protocol on the MP270 panel.
Unfortunately, you are not allowed to select RS485, only RS232 or RS422. This could indicate that multiple connections on the same port is not possible.
On the other hand, Win CC Flexible doesnt complain when I try to insert several connections on the IF1B port with RS422 set. So it could be that it is RS422 with Master/slave relation between the panel and the controllers. In that case it could work.

As you can guess I am not an expert in Omron or Hostlink/Multilink. I find out of the above by just trying to setup multiple connections via Hostlink/Multilink on an MP270 in Win CC Flexible.

edit: Of course, the above assumes that the controllers support Hostlink/Multilink.
You could investigate which protcols are available.

I have just skimmed that manual. It looks like aleb2 is out of luck.
The only mentioned protocol is CompoWay/F.
No Siemens panel supports this protocol directly.

Solutions:
1. Change the panel to one that supports CompoWay/F.
2. Change the controllers to ones that supports one of the MP270's supported protocols.
3. create a Protool or Win CC Flexible RT application on a PC, and to make the connection via an OPC server that supports CompoWay/F. OMRON has one called "CX-ServerOPC".

about point n.2: changing plc for example siemens CPU 214XP Which have no problem with MP270,but what about reading termoregulators data?

With "controller" I really meant the "termoregulators" that you were referring to.

So option 2 is to exchange the Omron E5CN controller with a type that supports one of the protocols that the MP270 supports.

There are many possible solutions. It depends on what is most important to you.
If the E5CN is absolutely required, then go for option 1.
If the MP270 is absolutely required, then go for option 2.
If the E5CN is absolutely required, but you also want to keep your HMI on a Siemens platform, then go for option 3.