Plc

Noel

Hi,

I am a new member.
This is my first post.

I have an old PLC Omrom with programing console and I would like to access through my PC.

Thnx's

hi there,

Can u please explaine what classof plc is that , and what port it is having, do u have programming software
???

Arvind

If it is a c20 or c500 then you need a lk201 module & syswin software

If it's any older like the M1R then bin it.

Hello,

Thanks!

I'm in office, I have my own PLC in my house and this is C20.

I have lk201 module and how could i get the syswin software to
access from my PC.

thanks in advance

Unsure what you mean but assuming you have installed the software & have a lead to connect from your RS232 port to the LK201, load software, select a new project, set up communications i.e. com1, 9600, even 1 stop bit (you may need to check settings on LK201 module then go on-line. it is not possible to describe everything here, I suggest you read the help files or find info on web sites although the C20 is now an old plc & probably not supported.

You'll find your documents here: http://oeiweb.omron.com/DocumentLibrary.asp

You'll need LSS2 (dos), or Syswin (windows). to program your C20. The other option is to get a programming gizmo that mounts on the front of the C-series, and do it via the single finger method.. Keep and eye out on Ebay for the software or the programming unit.

Opinion:

This is a very old and obsolete unit. Anything you learn from playing with it will be useless and if you do use it on a project, you'll be totally SOL as soon as it fails. Invest $240.00 and go buy an AD DL-06, (20 inputs & 16 outputs), then download the FREE DirectSoft5 demo software and practice on something usefull.

Last edited:
Anything you learn from playing with it will be useless and if you do use it on a project, you'll be totally SOL as soon as it fails.
Not quite. It is old but would be a good learning vehicle for a newby. It even has a shift register function, JMP, ILC etc. I think all of the instructions in this old dear are still available in the latest Omron high end PLCs, and they have in excess of 400 functions available and countless FBs as well.

I learned to program very efficiently on these old dears and the Hitachi black boxes (D series) due to a decided lack of memory. One had to think about using every instruction and how best to implement the program to save as much memory as possible. Not a bad place to learn.

Last edited: