Protool Runtime Connection Problem

JPHernandez

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and this is my first post. Unfortunately it's a NEED HELP post. I'll appreciate any help.
The problem is that I'm using Step7 with a Protool screen which somehow does not allow me to use runtime on a live system which I'm monitoring over teleservice. I don't know if I have to generate a link .cfg file for this purpose, but I thought that it would be created automatically upon compilation. In protool, the menu bar shows no RT icons, and when I force the Start Runtime by right-clicking the OP from Simatic Manager, it shows me an "OM TD/OP:Error on Runtime Startup" Error724:25 message. Does anybody know how to fix this problem and help me get up and running my runtime? Thanks!!!

-JP

About running Protool runtime:
Do you have Protool Pro ? And did you install Runtime from the CD ? (It is a separate installation program).
Is you target platform in Protool CS a panel or a PC with Protool Runtime ?

About running Protool runtime via Teleservice:
As far as I know, Protool uses the set access point S7ONLINE in the Set PG/PC Interface utility.
If you can access the PLC via Teleservice from STEP7, then so should Protool RT. Havent tried this with Teleservice though.

JP

What panel are you useing or simulating as the case may be when using Protool Runtime?

The error message you are getting indicates that the 'panel' configured in Protool does not support Runtime on the PC itself. The windows CE based panel projects will run on the PC in runtime (E.G TP270), if your chosen panel supports Runtime on the PC then the Runtime icons will not be greyed out in Protool.

Paul

JesperMP: Yes, I installed the ProTool RT too, the PG/PC interface was also set up properly. I believe that my problem was that I tried to run a Panel that was not supported just as Paul (PLucas) indicated. What was happening was that I was trying to simulate a TP27 Panel, so all I had to do was create a new OP such as the MP270, which I know for sure is supported in RT, update the text in all the buttons so it looked good, and execute the RT function on it. It works just fine.

I appreciate the help. Thank you very much guys!

-JP

JPHernandez said:
I was trying to simulate a TP27 Panel,

JP,

I am glad that you 'solved' your problem, but if you had mentioned in your first post that you were trying to simulate a TP27, I would have told you straight away that runtime (on a PC) does not support this touch panel.

Not to worry, you got there in the end.

Paul