monitoring elevator help

saladolf

hi every body this is my 2'nd post. i posted the same question befor but no body responded
i am making a plc controlled elevator i have done 80% of the project and thinking of adding something new

i am thinking of making a monitoring of the elevator while it is moving from one floor to another so can i do this in any way
for example interface with the computer or any other way that achiev the function of monitoring the elevator car for security and safty resons

by the way i am working on LG K-120s

i appreciate any help

I couldn't find much on the web about the LG K-120's, but I'll go out on a limb here and assume that they have some type of comm port and that the PLC is in the elevator. Have you thought about using a couple of spread spectrum radios to monitor the elevator? You could hook one to the comm port on the PLC and hook it's pair to the top of the elevator shaft (or bottom of the car and bottom of the shaft) and talk to it that way. In the US they are unlicensed, but I'd imagine you'd need to check that out in your location. Phoenix Contact makes some nice ones that I've used before. They also have ones that just send and receive analog and digital IO status (in on one end, out on the other) that could be used to pick up a couple of status points.

saladolf,

First you need to determine what type of communications are avalable with your PLC then decide what and how you want to display the data, and how remote the manator will be. Only by knowing these three factors you can then decide on the hardware & sofware required for the job.

the PLC i have, have a switch called C-net (maybe it stands for Computer network) till now i dont know what it is used for but some one told me that if i switched the c-net switch on i would be to use the program loader cable attached to the computer as an interface with the PLC but even so i dont know an appropriate way to use it to monitor the elevator car location as it cross the floors