Connecting and Monitoring a DLR on a Remote Rack

Zalewski14

Hello,

I have been trying to figure out how to connect to and monitor a DLR that is on a remote rack from my PLC. The local has a 1756-L81E and an EN2TR Card. The EN2TR communicates to another EN2TR in the remote rack. The remote rack has 2 EN2TR cards (the one for communication with the local rack, one strictly for the DLR).

I am pretty sure that the problem really comes down to my CIP message path. I am fairly new with CIP messaging and do not have a great grasp on the syntax. I have set up DLRs on a local network before, via EN2TR cards, but this is the first time I have tried monitoring a DLR on a remote rack. In order to connect to the EN2TR I need to go through basically 3 levels, level one being the EN2TR in my local, level two being the EN2TR I am communicating to through the local card, and then the backplane to get to the DLR.

Is this possible? I know a few revisions ago this was not possible, but I am being asked to really ensure if its possible, and I havent gotten it to work. I am not 100% confident its because its impossible or I just dont understand it enough to get it working.