Max # of I/O for SLC 500

mxz71

I dont remember what the max # of I/O's are allowed on a SLC 500.. I know there is a limit to the ammount of slots you can use but just cant remember what it is? Anyone know off hand?

SLC-500 CPU's can address up to 30 slots of I/O, which can be in up to three chassis connected with bus cables.

It's possible to connect more slots than can be addressed (like with 13-slot chassis) and it's also possible to use more modules than can be addressed in memory (like analog or specialty modules). The limit as I recall is 4096 Words of memory.

That's off the top of my head... the User Manual has the specifics.

Similar Topics

Looking at 6 Integer values...say N7:0 - N7:5. Need a clever way to find the Minimum and Maximum values from this group. Better yet would like to...
Replies
Views
Is possible to have two processors SLC 5/03 and SLC 5/04 on the same rack?
Replies
Views
I know there is no instruction to return the "min" or "max" value from a file, but somebody must have created some cool code to do this...perhaps...
Replies
Views
AFTERNOON ALL, I HAVE TWO OLDER MODEL MACHINES, BOTH OF WHICH ARE MADE BY THE SAME OEM BUT DIFFERENT YEAR MODELS AND WITH DIFFERENT PROCESSORS...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to write a data in Arduino using MODWR function block .I used the code I got from online for both PLC and Arduino. I made the wiring...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom