WinCC Flexible Software

Mehdi

May everyone here tell me about this software and the its difference with WinCC RT/CS? Can I use this software to create a Modbus link between two different Siemens PLCs?

Mehdi

Hi Mehdi.

To put it shortly, before there was Protool for HMI panels and small PC based HMI applications, plus WinCC for larger SCADA applications.

In the future, Siemens HMI solutions will be covered by WinCC Flexible from top to bottom.
Protool has allready been replaced by WinCC Flexible.
The "old" WinCC shall be replaced by WinCC Flexible in 2007.

Dont know why you want to communicate via Modbus to a Siemens PLC.
The more obvious choices would be Profibus or Ethernet.
But you can use Modbus RTU with WinCC Flexible if you want to.

Hi there

WinCC Flexible is Siemens' replacement for Protool. It is the software package for configuring their HMI devices. It is also capable of running on a PC as a small SCADA installation.

WinCC itself is Siemens' full SCADA software. It will not configure any HMIs. It is capable of very much more in the SCADA role than WinCC Flexible: multi-server multi-client installations, with various add-ons and options for all sorts of requirements.

Now then, PLC-to-PLC via Modbus. I regret to say that neither WinCC nor WinCC Flexible will be of any help whatsoever in this area. What source of data did you have that suggested they were involved in this? Not knowing which two different Siemens' PLCs you have makes a precise answer difficult. If you have S7-300s or S7-400s there are serial comms cards available for both families: CP341 and CP441 respectively. These can be loaded with Modbus driver software from Siemens, configured, and then the data exchange programmed from within STEP7. The presence or absence of WinCC or WinCC Flexible will have no effect.

Regards

Ken

Hi, just to say something about the products.
WinCC flexible replace fully a ProTool and partically a WinCC Classic. In WinCC flexible 2.0 should be a fully replacement for both classic applications. There will be several runtimes (one HMI and few SCADA runtimes), plus some new features.

hi hello

wincc flexible was used configuation for intouch pannel!
its function is more mightiness and windows also is beautiful to user.