GX Developer Multiple Session Limit

didik_chandra

Hello guys,
I'm having a project right now with 5 A series Mitsubishi PLC Linked with fiber optics that are scatered all around the site. I need to get online with as many of them as possible. Now I'm using the "Start new GX Developer session". The problem is that I can only open 2 session and use it online with the PLC while opening other software (like Office documents, explorers and also mail client). But if I open only GX Developer I can open up to 4 sessions on a freash system start.
My laptop is Centrino 1,6GHz with 512 MB, with Windows XP SP2 always updated with GX Developer 7.06G
Can anyone sugest what I should do to improve this?

Best regards,
Didik Chandra

i would look into upgrading to 2Gb or so of RAM. I have 1Gb right now and with bunch of other applications running, I get only 3 or max. 4 sesions at the same time. By other applications I mean 9x IE6, 1x ACAD, Mail Client, 3x Explorer, Excel...

Mr. Panic Mode,
I was using 256 MB and have the same performance, 2 session online with other software running, 3 session online for running alone, up to 4 session without online for running alone. I thought by increasing up to 512 MB it may improve the performance ... :(
I have also increase my swap file to 1440 MB (both for Initial and Maximum).
BTW, what version of GX do you use?

i see... maybe you can call mitsubishi and ask for help. there might be patch that would allow more sesions.
i didn't do any tests to confirm this but i always considered
GX Developer to be a memory hog - it doesn't say how much it wants but shows out of memory messages. my atempts to increase swap file didn't help so i just got more ram and everything was fine.
now that I think of it, i cant really remember being online with more than three mitsubishi PLCs at the same time (conveyor line, sealer and station). btw. i'm using GX Developer 7.11M.

OK,
Last night I try inproving the performance of my Laptop OS (Windows XP SP2) using the "Bootvis" (a tool used by microsoft team in windows XP to boost up starting up and shuting down process and increasing the memory usage performance), and I tried opening 3 session and have them online and it works, but I can only open 1 Open Office Spreadsheet document, 2 Windows Explorer and 1 Mozilla Suite Mail Client, when I tried opening another Spreadsheet, the Spreadsheet wouldn't show up.
By the way, where can I find the patch, I'm quite lost in finding support for Mitsubishi products that are officially coming from their site. Do you happen to have like a update history for GX Developer? And if I update my software will my colleagues and customers still able to open even with lower GX Version?

Best regards,
Didik Chandra